miércoles, 11 de enero de 2012

Music from the 60`s is one of the best of all.


I think music from the 60`s is one of the best of all.
My favourite singers and bands from that time are many,but to name just some of them,here are the following: Simon and Garfunkel,The Beatles,Carole King,The Bee Gees, The Mamas and The Papas,The Rolling Stones,Elvis Presley.
What I like most of them,particularly from Simon and Garfunkel,are their wonderful lyrics of two songs,which are "Old friends" and "Dangling conversation".
I must quote that my name,Michelle was chosen by my mom,due to one of The Beatles`s greatest song..."Michelle".It`s so sweet and tender !!!
Well,there`s a huge difference between nowadays music from the one I`m talking about.
Now,we mainly listen to music which in a way,reports our lifestyles,injustice,human poverty,related to a very simple life,as well as a chaotic world situation. But,I guess this is to be understood.Actually,our world has become to be just this: a CHAOS.
In relation to the influence the music of the 60`s has transferred to the new musical groups,I`ve alwas had the conviction that all type of music has been mostly influenced by Negro Gospels.From then on,music changed for ever.Music has become to be a way of catharsis,and why not,if our world has changed in such an evil way.
I`m sure that the music from the 60`s bridges a huge and important gap between me and my family. We only have to listen to their favourite music,and compare it to our music nowadays,to understand how different was the reality they were living.And,in this way,we do understand each other much better,indeed.
I`m really happy to have been born in the 90`s.
But,in spite of that,I`ve learned very much about my family and that beloved music: their way of living,or facing problems and fun...I think almost everything I care of nowadays.

1 comentario: