miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

The earth has a headache


I think we learn about looking after the environment just walking by the streets, some neighborhoods or slums. It´s a shame to watch all kind of garbage thrown wherever, in spite of having many garbage cans.
In relation to my recycling habits, I always respect the rules when I look at a sign warning not to throw trash on the grass, or streets.
Where I live, there are different cans to put all kind of glasses, cartons, aluminium tins, plastics, and also biodegradable stuff.
I often ride my bike to go to some places where there are cyclo paths. But, if there aren´t I´d better walk as much as I can.
Actually, I haven´t supported neither joined any eco-organisations. This is because I´m fond of animals, so in my scarce free time I help as a member of an animal protection society.
I´d like to belong to any eco-organisation, and as a fact, I´ll do all the needed procedures to become a member of one of them as soon as possible.
Some of the measures I have taken so as to try to reduce this are the following:
Not taking, as much as possible, public transportation
Increasing my physical activities
Riding my bike
Recycling
Not using electrical appliances too much
I think it´s obvious that what´s missing not only in Santiago, but also in most of the cities in Chile is related to the few cyclo paths but most of all, be aware of the danger that implies to leave such unwanted footprint to our world and new generation.

1 comentario:

  1. When I lived in Cerro Navia I saw a lot of garbage in everywhere. It was terrible, because you had to wait the bus in the middle of bad smells.

    ResponderEliminar